Good Citizen Policy
Being a Good "Citizen" at www.nothingbutchess.comAt www.nothingbutchess.com, we want lively discussions, a friendly environment and lots of chess! What we want to avoid are situations where someone may be made to feel unwelcome or harassed. The following is a list of general rules to keep in mind:
- Please be careful when using offensive language - Sure, cursing is sometimes welcome. We also know when we're trying to offend when cursing. While it's hard to come up with iron-clad rules, please don't offend. When in doubt, simply don't curse! If someone is asking you to refrain from cursing, please do so.
- Please be mindful when sending private messages - Harassing messages are not acceptable here at www.nothingbutchess.com. Please keep messages curteous and pertaining to chess and www.nothingbutchess.com if possible.
- If you feel that someone is cheating, please raise the issue to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not accuse the user of cheating. We have all types of skill levels here from beginner to master.
- Please avoid conversations pertaining to religion. If someone points out that you're offending them by talking about religious matters, please refrain from such talk.
- Please refrain from talking about sexually explicit subjects.
Now if someone is being truly offensive, please mention this at email@example.com. If we feel the user is being offensive, s/he will be warned. If the user persists, we may resort to banning that user. Obviously nobody wants things to get to this point and we all just want a harmonious environment.
Solve This Puzzle?